Wednesday 22 January 2014

Nausicaa Cosplay - Photographs

When: October 2009
Where: London MCM Expo (now called London ComicCon)

I love Ghibli so when a friend suggested cosplaying characters from it I jumped at the chance. I chose Nausicaa because I probably looked the most like her (she's not petit) and because I love blue. The costume itself wasn't that hard to do and I had a lot of fun making it. It was probably my first successful cosplays that I'd made so I'm still proud of it. The only problem was that I didn't practice posing so I look way too serious in all the photos when actually she's a very happy bubbly person.

I also wanted to make a prop with it so I made her flare gun. I got a lot of people saying "Nausicaa doesn't have a gun" (imitates pretentious voice). I'm guessing they'd never seen the film or read the manga where she clearly has a flare gun for the majority of the beginning.

The only thing I wasn't able to do were the gloves and her hat. I tried making a hat but it turned out too small, and I didn't have time to do the gloves. Note to self - I need to give myself more time before cons to get the entire costume done right. (More often than not I end up wearing the entire costume together on the day of the con...)


I didn't take any progress pictures of this costume unfortunately...

 Reference Pics





Photographs




I hadn't realised my leg warmer had slipped down! Woops!







No comments:

Post a Comment