Wednesday 22 January 2014

Simca from Air Gear Cosplay - Photographs

When: October 2009
Where: London MCM Expo (now called London ComicCon)


I did this costume with a group of my cosplaying friends and it's one of my favourites. I really enjoy the manga for Air Gear (haven't touched the anime with a barge pole) so the costume had to be based on the manga. I put tons of research into doing a sailor costume and worked really hard on painting the trouser leg. It turned out a lot better than I was expecting it to! I'm particularly proud because I made everything in this costume, from the hat to the trousers (obviously not the skates or the wig though).

I didn't take any progress pics for this costume.

Reference Pictures
This was practically the only reference picture I used. This and other images from the manga.


Photographs

Unfortunately spending a day skating around in the wind resulted in the wig getting very, very tangled.






This is one of my favourites!



Photos by ManyLemons! (ManyLemons Gallery)




Photos by Cosplay Fever!




No comments:

Post a Comment